BOTANICAL NAME: Carica Papaya
Christopher Columbus had titled Papaya as “The Fruit of the Angels” because it is loved by all and is quite famous for its luscious taste and rich texture as well as health benefits.
The papaya is the fruit of the plant Carica Papaya, and is one of the 22 accepted species in the genus Carica of the plant family Caricaceae
It is native to the tropics of the Americas, perhaps from southern Mexico and neighboring Central America. It was first cultivated in Mexico several centuries before the emergence of the Mesoamerican classical civilizations. It is now harvested in most tropical countries.
It’s loaded with papain and vitamin A. The enzyme papain breaks down inactive proteins and eliminates dead skin cells. The vitamin A works as an anti-oxidant.
Papaya oil when used regularly and frequently on the skin has the following benefits:
- Being a good source of Vitamin A and Papain, this fruit helps in removing dead skin cells along with breaking down the inactive proteins.
- The best feature of papaya is its ‘Low Sodium Quality’, thus resulting in very little retention of water. In simple words it means, it helps you keep your skin hydrated.
- Regular application of our Papaya creams reduce those unwanted pimples and other embarrassing blemishes on the face. This helps you achieve smooth, supple and soft skin.
- Regular application of our papaya oil butters also provide shine to the skin, which comes from within and is long lasting.
- Papaya oil can also be used for treating the sore and cracked heels.
- Papaya also acts as a natural skin exfoliator.
- Application of papaya also helps in removing skin discoloration.
- Papaya oil contains Papain which is very essential in lightening the skin from the rigorous darkness caused by the sun’s vicious rays.
- Papaya oil also helps to treat ringworms as well. You just need to rub some slices of raw papaya on the ringworm patches and see reduced inflammation.
- Regular use of Papaya oil helps the skin by reducing the aging signs on the face.
When used regularly in hair, Papaya Oil has these benefits:
- Rich in nutrients, papaya oil may help prevent balding, thus helping boost growth and strength of the hair.
- Papaya oil is also used for controlling dandruff.
- Papaya being rich in minerals, vitamins and enzymes also helps in removing the dirt, oil and chemical build up from the hair in a very safe way.
- Papaya leaf extracts can be used as a conditioner for adding shine to dull, unruly and lifeless hair.
- Regular use of papaya hair cream can result into thick, strong, shiny and healthy hair.